Theme Days - French, Olympics
Theme Days - Olympics teaching resource
AWARDED A "GOLD AWARD" AT THE PRIMARY TEACHER UPDATE AWARDS
La Jolie Ronde's NEW series of French & Spanish ‘Theme Days’ enable the entire school to join in a fun and worthwhile language learning activity.
There are "no specialist language skills" required plus the work is already planned & prepared by age group, giving all teachers across the school support to provide a complete day’s work.
Each theme starts with an assembly which brings all pupils together to introduce the topic, the children then return at the end of the day to share their successes and showcase their developing language skills.
• Resource CD of images, vocabulary, flashcards, games & curriculum linked activities
• CD of songs & poems by native speakers
• Photocopiable teachers notes
• Learn about the history of the games
• Mini olympics event includes templates for passes and ideas for certificates
• Templates for coloured flashcards of the events
• Role play activities
• 3 board games to revise language learning
"I like the Olympic song very much indeed! As well as KS1 & KS2, I also think KS3 would also enjoy it and as part of a module of work on the Olympics / sports. That sort of creative activity can make great revision work in groups. TES MFL Advisor Rachel Hawkes
"There is a balanced mixture in this themed pack with lots of opportunities for listening, speaking, reading and writing with plenty of playing and doing. The pack can be used to kick-start an eagerness for learning French or for instilling an ongoing enthusiasm and is certainly one for your MFL treasure chest" John Dabell (Teach Primary Magazine)