Theme Days - French, Bastille Day
Theme Days - Bastille Day teaching resource
AWARDED A "GOLD AWARD" AT THE PRIMARY TEACHER UPDATE AWARDS
La Jolie Ronde's NEW series of French & Spanish ‘Theme Days’ enable the entire school to join in a fun and worthwhile language learning activity.
There are "no specialist language skills" required plus the work is already planned & prepared by age group, giving all teachers across the school support to provide a complete day’s work.
Each theme starts with an assembly which brings all pupils together to introduce the topic, the children then return at the end of the day to share their successes and showcase their developing language skills.
• Resource CD of images, vocabulary, flashcards, games & curriculum linked activities
• CD of songs & poems by native speakers
• Photocopiable teachers notes
French Bastille Day
• The history of the storming of the Bastille
• Ideas for a Bastille Day picnic
• Traditional French games like pétanque
• Instructions for making French flags and rosettes